Public Policy Intern
Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) is looking for an organized and resourceful policy intern for our Washington, DC office. The one year, paid position involves providing administrative support for the Senior Vice President of Policy and performing research and analytical support for the state policy team.
AEE is a national association of businesses who are making the global energy system more secure, clean, and affordable. Our mission is to transform public policy to enable the rapid growth of advanced energy companies. AEE has offices in Washington, DC, San Francisco and Boston, with staff based in various locations across the country. The intern position will be based in the Washington, DC office and will be supervised on a day-to-day basis by the Senior Vice President, Policy.
1. Provide administrative assistance, including such duties as managing calendars and email, making travel arrangements, tracking progress in project management systems, and similar administrative duties, for the Senior Vice President, Policy and Government Affairs;
2. Research and analyze energy policy issues, with a focus on state legislative and regulatory issues, to support Team Policy.
3. Draft biweekly e-newsletters, blog posts, fact sheets, routine correspondence and emails.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
1. A college degree is required.
2. Highly organized, detail oriented personality.
3. Ability to work on multiple projects with geographically dispersed team members.
4. Outgoing personality and ability to maintain cordial, professional relationships with others.
5. Willingness to take the initiative in carrying out assigned duties, with the ability to determine when consultation with a supervisor is necessary or appropriate.
6. Computer proficiency and willingness to master new programs. Prior experience with Google Apps, Salesforce, and Apple operating systems and software a plus.