AP Customer Service Agent
Accounts Payable Customer Service Agent - AP Customer Service
The AP Customer Service team responsible for approximately $350 million in payments for purchased goods and services. Customer Service Agents are expected to be extensively cross-trained; and able to perform the full range of AP and ProCard related transactions with consistent accuracy, timeliness and dedication to superior customer service and problem Comprising a shared pool of expert transaction processors, AP Customer Service Agents perform day-to-day Payment and ProCard administration related services for the University. solving.
Comprising a shared pool of expert transaction processors, Customer Service Agents perform day-to-day Payment and ProCard administration related services for the University. Customer Service Agents are expected to work independently, sharing a common workload, and taking direction from the Assistant Director of AP, the ProCard Administrator, and the AP Director. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responds to multiple requests and inquiries from customers (vendors, University Faculty and Staff, etc.).
- Responsible for processing a high volume and a wide range of different financial transactions in the GMS system.
- Reviews and processes payment, all properly authorized University expenditures.
- Assesses workload, exercises judgment and prioritizes tasks while ensuring accuracy, timeliness and effective communications with stakeholders.
- Responds to multiple requests and inquiries from internal ProCard customers.
- Responsible for processing a high volume and a wide range of ProCard related transactions in PaymentNet, and GMS system.
- Assesses workload, exercise judgment and prioritize tasks while ensuring accuracy, timeliness and effective communications with stakeholders.
- Provides exceptional customer service and dedication to problem solving in response to all customer and vendor inquiries.
- Identifies and recommends process and system improvements based on their ongoing experiences working with customers.
- High School degree required
- 3+ years of experience in a high volume Accounts Payable office. An understanding and application of basic
- Accounting concepts and operations of corporate cards program is required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced customer service environment; ability to work under multiple deadlines; Basic accounting
- Skills and proficiency on current accounting packages is required; Proficiency with Workday based financial systems is a plus
Flexibility and a willingness to learn new systems and tasks are required, particularly GMS and as business processes change
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.