Airport Ambassador (Customer Service)
7 days left
- Full Time
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
Part-Time Term, NTE 4 years, 5 months
WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, Airport Manager’s Office., MA-200
Open Until Filled
To review the description of duties, please
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. Must be 17 years of age and have completed the 11th grade.
2. Must be willing to work less than 30 hours/ week.
3. Must be willing to work a shift starting at 5:30 am.
4. Must be willing to work a shift that does not end until 10 pm.
5. Must be willing to work a split shift starting when necessary (e.g., 5:30 – 9:30 am and 2 – 6 pm).
6. Must be willing to work weekends.
7. Must be willing to work holidays.
8. Must be willing to remain held-over and be recalled on a 24-hour basis for emergencies, inclement weather, etc.
9. Must be willing to stand on your feet for an entire 8 hour shift.
10. Must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (aka ‘Green Card’ holder).
Education and training beyond that required to satisfy MQ 1 above may be substituted for the one year of experience on a week-by-week basis provided the education and training indicates the ability to successfully perform the DUTIES in this job description.
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1. Fluency in a high-demand foreign language including Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Russian, and Telegu.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the basic qualification requirements.
There is an Assessment Questionnaire(s) that you must complete.
Once a determination has been made that you meet the minimum qualification(s), you will be sent an email with information for you to take an online exam. The exam is customer-service oriented and no prior knowledge is required to pass (70% or higher). The top three candidates will be invited for interview(s). All others will be placed on a register and called for interview(s) as vacancies occur in the Department.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.