TS/SCI Cleared Network Administrator - Charlottesville, VA
Active TS/SCI is required
The employee will support the ACES contract in the following manner:
Responsible for the design and development of voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks.
Analyzes voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
* Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
* Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
* Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
* May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
* May perform network administration duties.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* May serve as technical team or task leader.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* 8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
* Accountable for all aspects of Network requirements and manages the hands-on; day-to-day issues related to Networks.
* Responsible for administration duties for local and wide area networks; including routers; switches; hubs; gateways; access points; network interface cards; networking cables; network bridges; modems; adapters; firewalls and other related network hardware.
* Responsible for overall system administration; troubleshooting and security administration of the communications environments.
* Configures; deploys; maintains and documents local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) components; including firewalls; routers; switches; and crypto to meet mission requirements.
* Point-of-Contact for Network issues - Has the communication skills to effectively interface with military officials; managers; and subordinates.
* This position will carry a larger percentage of Network Engineering responsibilities, but will carry some Network Administrator duties based upon the customer requirements.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
IAT Level II certification required
CCNP certification highly desired
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.