Network Administrator - Charlottesville, Virginia - Active TS/SCI is required
7 days left
- Full Time
Network AdministratorCharlottesville, VirginiaActive TS/SCI is required The employee will support the ACES contract in the following manner: Responsible for the design and development of voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks. Analyzes voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Accountable for all aspects of Network requirements and manages the hands-on; day-to-day issues related to Networks.
- Responsible for administration duties for local and wide area networks; including routers; switches; hubs; gateways; access points; network interface cards; networking cables; network bridges; modems; adapters; firewalls and other related network hardware.
- Responsible for overall system administration; troubleshooting and security administration of the communications environments.
- Configures; deploys; maintains and documents local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) components; including firewalls; routers; switches; and crypto to meet mission requirements.
- Point-of-Contact for Network issues - Has the communication skills to effectively interface with military officials; managers; and subordinates.
- This position will carry a larger percentage of Network Engineering responsibilities, but will carry some Network Administrator duties based upon the customer requirements.