Senior Storage Technician - Charlottesville, VA - Active TS/SCI required
5 days left
- Full Time
Senior Storage Technician Active TS/SCI RequiredCharlottesville, VA The employee will support the ACES contract in the following manner: Responsible for the analysis; administration and support of voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes; administers and maintains voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice; video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software; including peripheral; output; and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Provides work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Accountable for all aspects of Site Storage requirements and manages the hands-on; day-to-day issues related to storage. - Responsible for administering enterprise Network Attached Storage (NAS) environments of over 10 PB and managing scheduled backups of the site's data on multiple platforms and networks.
- Responsible for Storage Platforms including NetApp; Isilon; and Oracle.
- Maintain current backups for the Enterprise servers using various prescribed technologies.
- Provide stable and reliable operations of the storage environments by ensuring virtual environments; database and mission essential data stores meet high availability requirements and those backup strategies aligned with operational requirements.
- Point-of-Contact for Storage issues - Has the communication skills to effectively interface with military officials; managers; and subordinates.