Intern, Evaluation & Communications (Washington, DC)
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Since 1996, TechnoServe has engaged more than 1,000 volunteers on three- to 12-month projects throughout Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and India through its Volunteer Consultant Program. Please see here to learn more.The Volunteer Consultant Program is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic individual who is passionate about international economic development to support monitoring and evaluation through data analysis and report creation as well as the development of communications materials. The position is office-based in Washington. Some remote work can be negotiated, but must be in DC office at least 10-15 hours per week.
The Evaluation & Communications Intern Will:
- Generating and managing program data and running reports to support analysis of applicant and volunteer pools and volunteer feedback
- Aiding with development of key program reports, some of which will be shared with TechnoServe's Board of Directors and senior staff
- Supporting marketing and communication efforts, such as helping with creation of quarterly newsletter
- Maintaining and updating volunteer records and documents
- Additional research tasks as time allows
- Assisting Program Coordinator and Senior Manager with additional administrative tasks as necessary
You Will Have:
- Experience analyzing data and creating graphs and charts, especially with Microsoft Excel
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with database systems preferred
- Experience with Mail Chimp preferred
- Enthusiastic self-starter; proven ability to work independently
- Task oriented and extremely organized with great follow-up skills
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Click "Apply Now" to complete a short application and upload your resume and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.