Marketing and Communications Intern
The Marketing and Communications Intern will have the opportunity to gain personal experience in the following areas in addition to supporting other needs of the department:
- Writing for the web, press materials, reports, and presentations
- Social media
- Website programming and coding
- Online photo archiving
- Video Production
- Design and Layout
The Marketing and Communications Intern will have the opportunity to connect with and experience new businesses in DowntownDC, interact face-to-face with the DowntownDC community as well as experience all DowntownDC has to offer.
- Background in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Design, Technology, or other related discipline
- Ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Experience and interest in social media
- Demonstrated writing ability
- Interest or experience in generating creative marketing and event ideas
- A positive attitude, ability to work well in a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative suite, Salesforce, social media tools, coding a plus
- Internships require working a minimum of 16 hours per week with a maximum of 40 hours per week.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and pursuing a related undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field.
- Interns are not eligible for company benefits.