Lead Developer - Ad Products
Senior Developer will work on a variety of product for our client solutions group. In this role you will build engaging ad product for our client storytelling. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated history, and passion for, solving complex technical challenges with a focus on efficiency and performance. Our development team is an energetic and forward-thinking team which uses rapid agile development in an open-source, devops cloud-based environment.
- Developing new, and contributing to existing ad products that have a critical role how our stories are consumed.
- Leading and participating in major architectural decisions, helping to review code and implementations, and bring in new and emerging technologies into the organization.
- Promoting an agile - prototype first - culture that prizes continuous learning and growth, while maintaining a high regard for quality.
- Working in tandem with editorial and business partners to build leading edge media products that have a material impact on The Washington Post and the industry.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of relevant technical professional experience required (including 2+ years in a software development role) - familiar with both front end and back end technologies
- Familiarity with ad/marketing industry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate methodologies and their applications to non-technical individuals
- Openness to working with new frameworks \\ languages, a passion to learn emerging technologies & paradigms, and ability to handle occasional ambiguity.
- Excellent judgment, both in technical and organizational problem solving.