Software Developer Lead
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. 1. Participates in the design and coding of software products. 2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. 3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests. 4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers. 5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. 6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements. 7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials. 8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues. 9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 10. Participates in special projects as required. Education Minimum Education Required: High School diploma or GED; Completion the following certifications within one and a half year after assuming duties: Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)), or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), other). Qualifications Minimum Experience Required:
- At least eight (8) years of experience, to include software Design, Development, and Test and Evaluation. Five (5) years of programming experience with "Specific Project" programming languages. Four (4) years of experience to include: Database development, Web page design, Computer Based Training, development and using .NET tools and .net Integrated Development Environment tools, asp.net, SQL Server 2000, and HTML editor tools. Experience may be concurrent. Adequate experience performing the duties of the labor category as described in the Department of Labor functional description. Demonstrated experience leading small teams to perform software integration through analysis, design, development, implementation, test and evaluation of developed solutions. Demonstrated experience leading the execution of complex tasks, such as:
- Integrating, planning, coordinating, and facilitating information system related activities such as upgrade of hardware and software, JPO and system design development of computer network software, and implementation of internet and intranet site software. Assisting in the upkeep, maintenance and security of networks. Analyzing the computer and information needs of the organization from an operational and strategic perspective and determines immediate and long-range personnel and equipment requirements. Ensuring the availability, continuity, and security of data and information technology.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in project planning, solution development and testing, and technical documentation writing. Demonstrated experience in software design and development: Object-Oriented design, JAVA and LINUX OS. Demonstrated experience with integration of and use of COTS products (e.g. Oracle, WebMethods, ClearCase). Minimum of five (5) years Microsoft Exchange experience. At least (5) years experience with Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory environments. At least (5) years experience with core network service administration (DNS, DHCP, PKI). Working knowledge of VMWare Infrastructure/vSphere. Working knowledge of storage systems (NetApp or EMC, SAN, NAS, Tape Arrays, etc.). Foundational knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Oracle WebCenter Interaction, and other Web collaboration applications. Level III certification in accordance with DoDD 8140.01 “Cyberspace Workforce Management” or achieve within six months of TOA)”. Knowledge of XML/XML Schema. Demonstrated experience working in LINUX and Windows environments. Knowledge of Software CM processes.
- Demonstrated experience with formal software verification and test to include experience with/knowledge of automated integration and testing techniques. Security Application Implementation Experience (Websense, ISA, McAfee HBSS). Database Administration Experience (SQL, Oracle). Demonstrated experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment. Experience developing and debugging Java software applications (JDK, Eclipse, LEWIT, Kona). Microsoft Visual Studio development experience (or equivalent). Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining security of a network and its services as prescribed by DoD Information Assurance policy and procedures. CCNA or CCNP. MCITP or MCTS.
- Secret clearance required at time of hire. A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the past five years is required. Individual must be eligible under the SAP Nomination Process for access to SAP/SAR.