Special Agent - Education Background
About the Agency
The mission of the FBI is to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States. Special Agents enforce over 300 federal statutes and conduct criminal and national security investigations. They seek out cyber thieves, infiltrate organized crime rings and oversee terrorism investigations, often training local, state and foreign counterparts on the latest technologies in intelligence-gathering and data analysis.
We need Special Agents with a wide range of education, backgrounds and skills in order to get ahead of threats. For example, Special Agents with foreign language skills may be asked to interview a victim of human trafficking; those with computer skills may be asked to decipher malicious computer code, those with accounting skills may need to uncover hidden assets and those with communication and collaboration skills may lead a joint agency investigation. The FBI provides the opportunity for leaders in every community to join our workforce and contribute in a meaningful way.
You have great problem-solving skills, analytical skills and leadership experience and can get things done both in a demanding team environment and independently. Your ability to adapt to changing situations and clearly communicate across management, peer groups, external communities and stakeholders contribute to your ability to keep our nation safe. You're naturally curious yet always driven to find a solution. You are detail-oriented; however, you remain strategic. You know how to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments. Honesty and integrity are more than just words you use; they are the foundation of who you are. You take pride in making a difference in the communities you serve and bringing your background to the forefront to drive initiatives that impact our most important stakeholders: the American people.
To apply, and to view additional requirements and information, please visit Your application may not be processed until you have provided all of the required documentation. If you are missing any of the items listed above, please remember to attach any additional documentation to your profile when they become available and make sure to notify your applicant coordinator upon completion. For more information, please visit: https://apply.fbijobs.gov/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=13972&PostingSeq=1
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent on position. For further information, visit www.fbijobs.gov.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Over 56 Field Offices and Resident Agencies across the nation; Legal Attaches across the world.
All Special Agent applicants must also have at least three (3) years of full-time professional work experience unless they qualify for a work experience waiver. Work experience showing progressive growth, leadership and responsibility is preferred.
For more information about the Special Agent Selection System, physical fitness requirements and work experience waivers, please visit https://fbijobs.gov/career-paths/special-agents.
Applicants must follow the Federal Resume Template available at www.fbijobs.gov when submitting their application.
The FBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factors.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct, foremost being honesty and integrity.
- Endure a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Pass a Physical Fitness Test (PFT) at least twice during the application process; must be physically fit to complete training at Quantico and maintain a high level of fitness throughout their career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI's 56 field offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico, or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments, anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
For further information please refer and apply to: https://apply.fbijobs.gov/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=13972&PostingSeq=1
If the appointment is for 90 days or more, the candidate earns annual and sick leave at the rate of four (4) hours per bi-weekly pay period plus federal holidays during the period worked.
All applicants must pass the Agency's physical fitness requirements, including medical and hearing standards and all phases of the FBI Physical Fitness Test (PFT). Selectees must be physically fit to complete training at Quantico and maintain a high level of fitness throughout their careers. In an organization made up of careers like no other, being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
For more information, please refer and apply to: https://apply.fbijobs.gov/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=13972&PostingSeq=1Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI