Special Agent - Science/Technology/Engineering/Math (STEM)
As a Special Agent for the FBI, you will be responsible for enforcing over 300 federal statutes, as well as conducting sensitive national security investigations. You'll work to develop relationships within and across communities, and educate fellow law enforcement and national security partners at local, state, federal, and international levels. You'll protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States. In an organization made up of careers like no other, being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
You have great problem solving skills, analytical skills and leadership experience and can get things done both in a demanding team environment and independently. Your ability to adapt to changing situations and clearly communicate across management, peer groups, external communities and stakeholders contribute to your ability to keep our nation safe. You're naturally curious yet always driven to find a solution. You are detail-oriented; however, you remain strategic. You know how to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments. Honesty and integrity are more than just words you use; they are the foundation of who you are. You take pride in making a difference in the communities you serve and bringing your background to the forefront to drive initiatives that impact our most important stakeholders: the American people.
To apply, and to view additional requirements and information, please visit https://apply.fbijobs.gov/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?SiteId=1&FolderPath=PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT.HC_HRS_CE_GBL2&IsFolder=false&IgnoreParamTempl=FolderPath%25252cIsFolder.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is dependent on position. For further information, visit www.fbijobs.gov.
- Over 56 Field Offices and Resident Agencies across the nation; Legal Attaches across the world.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct, foremost being honesty and integrity.
- Endure a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Pass a Physical Fitness Test (PFT) at least twice during the application process. Upon graduation, Agents will also be expected to maintain a level of fitness necessary to effectively respond to life-threatening situations on the job.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI's 56 field offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments, anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force if necessary.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, search warrants, raids and other dangerous assignments, all of which may pose the risk of personal bodily harm.
For further information please refer and apply to https://apply.fbijobs.gov/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?SiteId=1&FolderPath=PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT.HC_HRS_CE_GBL2&IsFolder=false&IgnoreParamTempl=FolderPath%25252cIsFolder.
All Special Agent applicants must also have at least three (3) years of full-time professional work experience unless they qualify for a work experience waiver. Work experience showing progressive growth, leadership and responsibility is preferred.
For more information about the Special Agent Selection System, physical fitness requirements and work experience waivers, please visit https://fbijobs.gov/career-paths/special-agents.
Applicants must follow the Federal Resume Template available at www.fbijobs.gov when submitting their application.
The FBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factors.