Communication & Fundraising Intern
Background: White Ribbon Alliance (www.whiteribbonalliance.org) is a global network of maternal health advocates campaigning for more resources and the right policies to prevent the deaths of women in pregnancy and childbirth, while holding governments and politicians to account for their promises of action.
Position Summary: White Ribbon Alliance seeks a part-time intern to contribute to the organization's integrated communication and fundraising activities.
- Assist in the implementation of strategic communication plans including digital engagement; global conference and other event participation; media outreach; and communication across and with WRA's 13 National Alliances.
- Research and draft content to be shared on WRA's social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, to engage core audiences and build our online support base.
- Assist in updating the WRA website with text, photos, video and other content.
- Provide general support around maintaining press lists, editorial calendars, media clip reports, and digital media metrics.
- Assist in populating the communication, fundraising and advocacy database.
- Assist in the implementation of integrated communication and fundraising campaigns, including gathering and analyzing metrics, format e-communication and other materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing, verbal and overall communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work well independently and in groups with minimal supervision;
- Regular consumer of international and women's health news;
- Strong interest in communication and fundraising tools and tactics;
- Proficient in Windows environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Familiarity with digital communication tools including HTML, Canva, Photoshop and digital engagement platforms
Hours and Stipend:
Interns work minimum of 10 to maximum of 20 hours per week. This part-time internship has flexible hours and end date, as well as a stipend of $12/hour. This is a valuable opportunity to gain experience and contacts in international advocacy and global health fields, particularly as it relates to fundraising and communication.