Bilingual Evaluation/Research Intern
The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is seeking an evaluation/research intern to assist in an evaluation to measure the impact of its small business technical assistance and micro-lending efforts through an evaluation partnership with the Aspen Institute. The project provides an opportunity to learn about the impact of microfinance on historically marginalized communities (Latinos, African Americans, and other vulnerable communities). The primary responsibilities of the intern will be to assist with any necessary data collection tool adaptations, data collection, analysis, and compiling of a presentation with the guidance and oversight of our Development Manager.Responsibilities:
• Interview preparation: compiling contact information, alerting clients of interviews, and consolidating client intake data
• Data collection: tracking contact attempts with clients, conduct interviews, and data entry
• Conduct data analysis with guidance from Development Manager
• Draft/compile a presentation highlighting findings
• Present findings to program staff during brown bag luncheonRequirements:
• Graduate students, having completed their first year of graduate studies pursuing degree in any of the social sciences, public policy, administration, planning, business administration, or related fields preferred. Undergraduate students with relevant experience and skills will be considered
• Demonstrated experience in and/or coursework in research methods
• Demonstrated communication skills; survey and/or interviewing experience are a plus
• Strong computer skills, proficiency in Excel applications
• An interest in pursuing a career that addresses poverty and/or economic inequality in the United States
• Spoken and written Spanish skills required
• Available to work 20-40 hours/week, on a flexible schedule that could accommodate evening or weekend interviews.
- LEDC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.