Development and Outreach Internship, Summer 2017
The International Center for Religion and Diplomacy (ICRD) is seeking a self-motivated and dedicated Development and Outreach Intern for the summer term 2017.
The focus of the internship can be tailored to focus more on communications and social media, data and business analytics, marketing or graphic design, depending on your your skills and interest.
The list below indicates the types of projects on which the intern might work:
- Contribute ideas and content to telling the important story of our organization (ie: writing blogs and helping to develop other communications materials);
- Conducting research on new funding opportunities and helping to develop effective fundraising and outreach strategies;
- Data analytics, including monitoring incoming results from fundraising campaigns, researching and answering problems that our database users experience, providing feedback and ideas on ways to incorporate data visualization and statistical analysis;
- In coordination and supervision of Communications Director, suggest content for social media accounts;
- Create graphics and design for social media, web and print;
- Shoot and edit video material for outreach purposes;
- Support logistical details of event planning and day-of coordination;
- Conduct background research for current and future outreach events;
- Flag, research and report current communications industry trends and tools;
- Represent ICRD externally at events around DC area;
- Monitoring news and preparing a news brief together with other interns on a daily basis.
The Communications and Development Intern will work in close collaboration with the Director of Development and Outreach.
This is an unpaid internship.
Duration and hours: The internship will generally run from mid-May through mid-August, but start and end dates are flexible. Full-time availability (40h per week) is preferable, but applications for part-time positions (ca. 20-24h per week) will also be considered. All the internship positions are unpaid.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies in Communications; Business analytics; Marketing, Graphic Design or related field.
- Preferred prior experience and proficiency with social media and/or fundraising;
- Enthusiasm for applying social media and outreach strategies in a nonprofit setting;
- Prior experience with salesforce preferred.
- General interest in working in the non-profit sector and conflict mitigation.