Communications and Outreach Intern
The IBA North America office is seeking a motivated undergraduate or graduate student to serve as an unpaid Communications and Outreach Intern for the Spring 2017 semester, and possibly beyond. Ideal candidates should have a passion for marketing and public relations (PR) work. Experience with Microsoft Publisher is critical.
The IBA's internship program provides students with hands-on professional and educational experiences that will enhance their skills and knowledge in the field of marketing and advertising in an environment conducive to one-on-one mentoring.
The Marketing Intern will help conduct marketing research, create visual and written content, and engage in outreach to assorted legal institutions throughout North America and the English speaking Caribbean. They will also learn to communicate persuasively in both oral and written contexts. Examples of recent assignments include: conducting research on law firms with international legal practices; assisting with webpage design for the North America office; and designing promotional materials in connection with public events regularly organized by the North America office.
- The ability to work part-time at the IBA North America office for a minimum of 3 months
- The ability to conduct marketing research and present findings orally and/or in writing
- Must be creative and possess technical and communication skills
- Experience with design and publishing software such as Microsoft Publisher and Adobe Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Office