Custodial Supervisor (Part-time/24 hours), Custodial Services Management - Facilities Manage
6 days left
- Full Time
Custodial Supervisor (Part-time/24 hours), Custodial Services Management - Facilities Management
Shift: Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm
The Custodial Supervisor provides weekend evening supervisory coverage for Georgetown University's main campus, assuring that weekend visitors have clean spaces to visit and work, that student residences are provided with necessary coverage, and that weekend events have complete and correct set-up. S/he directs building cleaning and related services, ensuring that custodial staff is scheduled and assigned to various buildings and/or areas, inspects work to ensure satisfactory performance, takes action to correct deficiencies, and takes necessary steps to meet special requirements or circumstances. Reporting to the Manager of Custodial Services, the Custodial Supervisor has duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervises 10 to 15 custodial workers and 1 or 2 floor care specialists, who cover 300,000 to 450,000 square feet of space, in duties using standard tools, equipment, materials and supplies of the trade and observance of all safety rules, regulations and precautions; and performs tasks assigned to custodians when necessary.
- Ensures that services provided are consistent and at a high level of quality through adequate training, supervision of production work, and emphasizing proper use of chemicals, equipment and the importance of quality control.
- Acts in a professional manner, carries proper identification, and complies with University and department policies and procedures.
- Serves as a representative for the University Facilities department to the university community and visitors.
- Coordinates issues promptly and thoroughly with the manager of custodial services.
- Serves as a member of a facilities team demonstrating a willingness to serve and to be flexible with his/her own schedule and staff schedule to assure accommodation of emergency situations such as staffing shortages and snow removal.
- High school diploma or certified equivalency - Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 years of custodial experience - preference for some plant operation maintenance experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to work as both an effective supervisor and as part of a team.
- Ability to act independently and exercise mature judgement.
- Ability to analyze relevant operational issues and identify solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.