Software Quality Assurance Engineer (832-679)
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer serves on Information Technology (IT) Project teams for delivering tested project results; in assessing requirements for testability, mapping tests to and from requirements; preparing test scenarios/cases; performing manual and/or automated tests; interacting with project team throughout the defect lifecycle; and maintaining auditable test records. Creates automation scripts including data injection from excel, updates scripts; excel templates, and trains others. Individuals in this role must be detailed oriented, able to communicate clearly, listen, mitigate conflicts, and achieve desired results. The SQA Engineer will work across multiple organizational boundaries/levels to present test plans and explain defects effectively and efficiently. They must be able to support software testing needs for complicated functionality; workflows; usability on a variety of operating systems, browsers, and devices. This role will independently write and update automation scripts utilizing Unified Functional Tester (UFT), VBScript, and Selenium and will perform data extraction, transformation, and loading using Toad and SQL.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviews requirement documents and change requests for testability; provides feedback and seeks clarification to ensure approval requirements are testable.
- Writes step-by-step test scenarios and test cases from requirements and change requests in order to get approval for test plan that will be used during testing.
- Participates in meetings, identifies and seeks clarification of design in relationship to requirements to ensure the test scenarios and test cases are accurate and up-to-date.
- Creates new automation scripts and updates existing scripts for various platforms (OS & Browsers) and devices.
- Performs manual and automated testing for Oracle E-Business suite and other software products.
- Traces tests from and to requirements; defects to tests and requirements, and logs full history of all issues using the Hewlett Packard Application Lifecycle Management software tool.
- Ensures ready for release products are fully tested, meet high quality and are delivered within agreed upon testing periods.
- Maintains updated test repository of all manual and automated tests for each product tested in accordance with USP-IT Standard Operating Procedures. Provides test artifacts for auditing.
- Uses existing and newly adopted processes within SQA to keep consistency and compliance. Actively participates in process improvement by offering solutions where needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to communicate technical information to project team members.
- Ability to write performance test scripts using LoadRunner and use of Sprinter technology is required.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office including Visio is required
- Ability to listen attentively, and to follow written and verbal directions from individuals and groups expeditiously.
- Ability to write test scenarios, test cases, and other test artifacts from requirements, design, change requests and other project artifacts.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment with ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Experience delivering software test outcomes and other key artifacts as an individual contributor in a timely manner to meet project deadlines.
- Defines and organize tasks, responsibilities and priorities. Takes responsibility for timely delivery and is accountable to the project team.
- Collaborates with other members of the project team, involves others in making decisions that affect them. Draws on the strengths of colleagues, accepts assistance from other team members, and gives credit to others’ contributions and achievements.
- Adoptable to changing needs of the organization and willingness to take-on ad hoc tasks as needed.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment with a high degree of change and ambiguity.
- Some knowledge of Spanish, Chinese, and Portuguese language is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Engineering is required.
- At least five 5 years of progressive experience in Information Technology field in QA testing.
- At least one 1 year of experience with:
- Hewlett Packard Application Lifecycle Management (HPALM) including Unified Functional Tester (UFT) Advance programming experience, VBScript, and in use of Sprinter (HPALM)
- Development experience using Selenium IDE with Java on Windows platform
- Toad, SQL, experience for ETL
- LoadRunner for performance testing
- Jira and Confluence for testing Agile projects
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular