ALL IN CHALLENGE: SPRING/SUMMER 2017 DIGITAL/DATA INTERNSHIP
Location: Washington, DC
Date: April/May - August 2017, with possibility of extension
Remuneration: Monthly stipend - $600 - $1,200 per month depending on time
Civic Nation uses organizing, engagement and public awareness to address some of our nation's most pressing challenges. We work with public and private partners to build tools and campaigns that turn great ideas into action. Founded in 2015, Civic Nation is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, with creative partners and a growing team. For more information on our programs, please visit our website atwww.civicnation.org.
Civic Nation is currently seeking an intern to support digital communications and data management for the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge program. The ALL IN Challenge is a national, nonpartisan initiative that recognizes college and university campuses for improving democratic engagement, increasing student voter participation rates, and graduating students with a lifelong commitment to active, informed citizenship. The ALL IN Challenge, launched in summer 2016, currently partners with more than 200 college campuses across 39 states. For more information about the program visitallinchallenge.org.
The intern will work collaboratively with and report to both the ALL IN Challenge Director and Associate Director. S/he will support the team in developing and expanding the program, as well as managing the daily aspects of digital communications, social media, and data.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and manage social media content.
- Assist in publishing a monthly e-newsletter.
- Manage project database and lists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have earned or be in the process of earning a college degree.
- Passionate about democracy and fostering cultural change on college campuses.
- Fresh, innovative ideas for marketing and communicating the program.
- Have been involved with civic engagement activities on their campus.
- Have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have experience contributing to organizational social media campaigns.
- Display strong attention to detail.
- Be a self-starter, entrepreneurial, and driven to take the initiative and complete tasks on deadline.
- Be able to work as a member of a collaborative team.
- Have a personal commitment to democratic engagement.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- 1-2 years of part-time work or internship experience.
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or HTML.
- Graphic design skills.
- Working knowledge of NGP VAN/EveryAction, or working with a similar database.
- Experience with MailChimp software.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample via email to email@example.com using the subject line ALL IN Challenge Spring/Summer 2017 Internship Application. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Incomplete application packages will not be reviewed.
Civic Nation is a 501(c)(3) organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age. Civic Nation will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.