The College Promise Campaign Digital Fellowship
The College Promise Campaign (CPC) is building a movement to make community college free for responsible students. The CPC Digital Fellowship is designed to immerse participants in the fields of higher education policy and digital campaign organizing. The Fellow will gain meaningful, hands-on work experience as an integral part of our team's success.
The Fellowship is based in Washington, DC and includes a $2,000 monthly stipend.
The Digital Fellow will support CPC's online presence, manage our social media accounts and websites,and leveraging email and SMS campaigns to drive forward our organization's mission.
The Fellow will coordinate with various CPC staff to strategize and implement digital solutions for short and long-term goals. This will include supporting the development and implementation of digital campaign plans, building and managing relationships with partner organizations (namely their digital staff), writing copy for social media and email, designing graphics, and managing critical databases.
Our work at CPC is data-driven. As such, the Digital Fellow will be responsible for monitoring data analytics and using this information to consistently improve upon our strategy.
- Experience collaborating in an academic, internship, professional, or extracurricular environment to develop and implement successful digital programs to accomplish an organizational mission.
- Be comfortable discussing strategic planning with campaign leadership and key external partners. Also discussing implementation specifics with internal and external partners.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and adapt messaging and analytical testing strategies for the digital medium.
- Experience running social media campaigns geared toward influencing audiences to take action both online and offline.
- Experience designing graphics is required.
- An open-minded approach to operating within a dynamic organization.
- Cultural competence and empathy toward those who our programs are designed to serve.
- Video editing experience is beneficial, though not essential.
- Experience with CMS platforms (WordPress ideally) beneficial, though not essential.
- Experience with CRM platforms (NGP/VAN or EveryAction ideally), SMS services, and mass email tools beneficial, though not essential.
This semester-based program is in Washington, D.C. and begins in late-January 2017, with an end date in late-May 2017.
A stipend of $2,000 a month will be provided. Arrangements can be made with schools for course credit. The position is full time; although hours may vary as our campaign calendar fluctuates.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, please email your resume, a short, non-academic writing sample, and three examples of graphic design work to Matt Caffrey at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, January 23, 2017 at the latest. We are interviewing candidates on a rolling basis. Thank you for your interest!
College Promise Campaign:
Civic Nation uses organizing, engagement and public awareness to address some of our nation's most pressing challenges. We work with public and private partners to build tools and campaigns that turn great ideas into action. Founded in 2015, Civic Nation is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, with creative partners and a growing team. For more information on our programs, please visit our website at www.civicnation.org.
CPC is a nonpartisan higher education initiative that builds widespread support for free community college for all responsible students. We are also building broad public consensus that free community college is an investment in America's future and a necessary continuation of K-12 education. In the 21st century, a high school diploma is no longer enough to lead Americans to a good job and decent quality of life. Candidates can learn more about our work by visiting CPC's website at HeadsUpAmerica.us.
CPC is an initiative of Civic Nation. Civic Nation is a 501(c)(3) organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age. Civic Nation will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.