Internship - Spring
4 days left
- Full Time
Beyond Pesticides is a national non-profit membership organization, founded in 1981, dedicated to educating the public about the toxic hazards of pesticides and safer alternatives. The organization advocates for strong policy to protect public health and the environment at the federal, state, and local level. Key issue areas include protecting pollinator species, promoting sustainable food systems, and eliminating toxic chemicals from the environment. Our internship program provides a hands-on opportunity to learn about the important role of advocacy and public education in advancing environmental protections and preserving our natural resources, all in the heart of our nation's capital.
Responsibilities may include:
- Researching health and environmental impacts of pesticides and/or materials for use in organic agriculture.
- Producing materials, including factsheets, articles, report contributions, and online materials.
- Leading programs related to public education that target college campuses and K-12 schools.
- Assisting in fielding phone calls and emails from the public, researching and answering information requests.
- Assisting the executive director and program staff with outreach, research and administrative tasks on an as-needed basis.
Interns are given tasks that match their interests, skills and background with Beyond Pesticides' goals. In addition to working on specific projects, interns will gain insight into the importance of grassroots action, the complexities of environmental issues, and how non-profits function.
Internships are based on a small ($1,000 monthly) stipend and vary in length from 3 months to 1 year.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining what type of internship interests you, what you hope to gain from the experience and what time frame you are available to: Job Search/Internship, Beyond Pesticides, 701 E Street, SE, Washington, DC 20003 or via email to email@example.com.