Coordinator of Professional Development and Admissions
7 days left
- Full Time
Coordinator of Professional Development and Admissions - Center for Security Studies
Georgetown University's Center for Security Studies (CSS) in the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service offers an expansive curriculum, in-depth research, and critical dialogue on security issues.
The Coordinator of Professional Development and Admissions works with the Director of Admissions to provide recruiting and professional development services to approximately 350 SSP graduate students. Duties include but are not limitied
- Works closely with the Director of Admissions to support all admissions activities, including recruitment, applicant file review and presentation to admissions committee, extraction and recording of applicant data, events, and program marketing.
- Reads and evaluates applications for admission. SSP reviews applications in October for Spring semester start and from January through March for Fall semester start.
- Serves on the Admissions Committee to give each application a final review and accept students into the SSP, and to review applicants for and award merit-based financial aid.
- Meets individually with 5-10 prospective students twice a week from May through December in informational interviews.
- Occasionally travels to graduate school fairs (primarily APSIA Graduate School Forums and Idealist Graduate School Fairs) in the Fall to represent both SSP and the SFS, and to recruit prospective students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serves as resource to faculty, staff, students, and others on Security Studies Program (SSP) and Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) admissions policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the SFS Graduate Career Center to:
- Maintain current and comprehensive information on security-related internships and fellowships for students.
- Develop and implement job talks and recruiting sessions of interest to SSP students.
- Host events specifically for international students with regard to visa and immigration requirements for employment.
- Works closely with the both the SFS Graduate Career Center and the SFS Director of Alumni Engagement in the planning of SSP Alumni Career Panels. These events occur monthly and invite alumni in certain career sectors to talk with current SSP and SFS students.
- Coordinates the SSP mentoring program, which links current SSP students with alumni in relevant jobs and interest areas.
- Maintains employment data on current SSP students and alumni.
- Produces annual career placement report for SSP stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of related professional experience in admissions and/or professional development
- Proficiency in MS Office
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.