Student Systems Specialist and Reporting Analyst
Student Systems Specialist and Reporting Analyst - Office of the University Registrar
The Office of the University Registrar is dedicated primarily to the service of faculty and students through scheduling, registration, record keeping and reporting as well as assisting the deans and other administrative offices in their service. It seeks to demonstrate through action a commitment to building a sense of community.
The Student Systems Specialist and Reporting Analyst will work within the framework of the Office of the University Registrar to provide academic administrative systems and technical support for BlackBoard Analytics and GU's graduation audit system DegreeWorks. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works collaboratively with the Web Services and Reporting Analysts in support of all student data reporting.
- Assists in the effort to make the University's degree audit system (Ellucian Degree Works) an effective advisement and degree clearance tool for the University at large.
- Supports the Assistant University Registrar for Student Systems in development of all student academic administrative systems and constituency services.
- Assists in multiple systems maintenance; development and reporting for the Office of the University Registrar.
This position interacts with faculty, administrators, students, and possibly external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience using Business Intelligence tools or DegreeWorks Audit system; Prior experience in Higher Education is desirable
- Experience with a complex student records administrative structure; understanding of the interconnectivity of the various enterprise systems at Georgetown University
- Experience with supporting Ellucian Banner Student, IBM Cognos, BlackBoard Analytics (or other Data warehouse reporting tools) and/or Ellucian DegreeWorks preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects and needs, proven ability to work with and act as a translator among multiple constituents, ability to work as a member of a team within the Office of the Registrar while maintaining independent responsibility for a variety of projects and initiatives
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.