7 days left
- Full Time
Associate Registrar - Office of the Registrar
The Office of the University Registrar is dedicated primarily to the service of faculty and students through scheduling, registration, record keeping and reporting as well as assisting the deans and other administrative offices in their service. It seeks to demonstrate through action a commitment to building a sense of community.
The Associate Registrar for student systems is responsible for providing technical and functional support, oversight, and training for the Office of the University Registrar and its stakeholders. Maintaining, upgrading and implementing new technology for campus-wide solutions which support the Registrar's Core mission. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible as Data Steward for provisioning user profiles and security access to all systems managed by the University Registrar.
- Provides high value and sophisticated data analytics reports to a variety of stakeholders in support of the mission of the University Registrar's Office.
- Provides system maintenance, analysis and support for the University's degree audit system (DegreeWorks) which is used to advise students and clear students for graduation. It is used by the three campuses at all levels (graduate and UG). This includes co-chairing the DW user's group, serving as functional lead for patch and system upgrades, troubleshooting DW issues, running batch degree audits, enhancing reporting and providing training and onboarding support for new scribers. Works closely with the UIS Banner team in ensuring system integrity and continuity.
- Supervises, updates and is responsible for the maintenance of the University Registrar's website, which is visited by 20+ thousand stakeholders.
- Responsible for systems training for new users as well as training on self-service reporting. Supports maintenance of webtailor tools for critical Self Service functions (registration, grading, graduation application etc..)
- Works closely with the University Registrar and Deputy in support of any new initiative related to the Student Information System and various other enterprise software and tools, providing troubleshooting expertise
- Performs systems testing and provides function support for INB and SSB as well as other applications managed in the Office of the University Registrar. This position is a technical expert, in support and maintenance of the University Student Administrative systems (patches and upgrades).
- Utilizes PL/SQL software to retrieve data for time sensitive processes Serves as a backup to the Deputy University Registrar. Ensures strict adherence to FERPA.
- Supervises 3 Full time employees.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years' experience working with Student Information systems. Prior experience with Ellucian Banner, Cognos, and Project Management is highly desirable
- Experience with ERP's, scheduling software, DegreeWorks and Business Intelligence tools
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects and needs
- Proven ability to work with and act as translator among multiple constituents
- Ability to work as a member of a team within the Office of the Registrar while maintaining independent responsibility for a variety of projects and initiatives
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.