MS Windows Administrator - Charlottesville, Virginia- Active TS/SCI is required
MS Windows AdministratorActive TS/SCI is requiredCharlottesville, Virginia The employee will support the ACES contract in the following manner: Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. 1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.4. Maintains system documentation5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.8. May program in an administrative language.9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.10. Provides advice and training to end-users.11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.14. Participates in special projects as required. Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Accountable for MS Windows requirements and manages MS Windows issues
- Responsible for support to Windows Operating Systems and Servers (e.g. Windows 7; Windows Server 2008R2; AD; DNS; Exchange; etc.) or designated replacements for the operating systems or software.
- Responsible for building and maintaining server and workstation baseline images for multiple security enclaves; travel; stand-alone networks and single purpose devices (i.e. Virus Scanners and Data Transfers).
- Responsible for building and maintaining software deployment packages utilizing MS AppV and SCCM for over 400 unique applications.
- Responsible for building and maintaining virtual machines utilizing VMware's virtualization technology.
- Point-of-Contact for MS Windows issues. - Has the communication skills to effectively interface with military officials; managers; and subordinates