Unix/Linux Administrator- Charlottesville, Virginia- Active TS/SCI is required
Unix/Linux AdministratorActive TS/SCI is requiredCharlottesville, Virginia The employee will support the I2TS3 contract in the following manner:
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Accountable for all aspects of UNIX/Linux requirements and manages the hands-on day-to-day issues related to UNIX/Linux Responsible for supporting Solaris 8 ? 10 (Sparc and X86); REHL v5 & 6; RHEL Satellite & OpenShift; Cross Domain Services - ISSE Guard; Radiant Mercury; Data Diodes OWL; LDAP/NIS; DNS; BIND; JEDI; F5 BigIP and Axway Tumbleweed.
- Accountable for FTP; scripting; baseline builds; IAVA and patch management or their functional replacements.
- Primary Point-of-Contact for UNIX/Linux issues
- Has the communication skills to effectively interface with military officials; managers; and subordinates.