Senior System Engineer - Charlottesville, Virginia- Active TS/SCI is required
Senior System Engineer Active TS/SCI is Required Charlottesville, Virginia The employee will support the I2TS3 contract in the following manner: Researches; designs; develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs; develops; codes; tests; and debugs complex new software products; or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Researches and integrates design strategies; product specifications; development schedules; and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals; system documentation; and training materials.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems; such as storage capacity; processing speed; and input/output requirements.
- Prepares reports on analyses; findings; and project progress.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Accountable for all Microsoft (MS) related software (e.g. operating systems; servers; AD; etc.) requirements and manages the hands-on; day-to-day issues related to same
- Responsible for security; maintenance; performance and accountability of MS assets.
- Responsible for Enterprise VMware Services and VMs
- Has the communication skills to effectively interface with military officials; managers; and subordinates.