Database Administrator/Level 3- Wiesbaden, Germany - Active TS/SCI is required
7 days left
- Full Time
Database Administrator/Level 3Active TS/SCI is requiredWiesbaden, Germany The employee will support the ACES contract in the following manner: Responsible for designing; planning; implementing and administering databases; including security; access; and documentation.
- Participates in the design; maintenance; enhancement; coding; and administration of relational databases.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements; data relationships and attributes; data flow and storage requirements; and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage; researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality; including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability; monitoring activity; and documenting problems; changes; and solutions.
- Tests designed applications.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries; database structure and layout; installing; upgrading; and managing database applications.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Maintains the integrity; security and availability of multiple database(s)
- Duties include disaster recovery; performance analysis and tuning; index maintenance; and monitoring of data -
- Administers; maintains; develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Performs Oracle; SQL Server; SYBASE; and other DBMS Database and Application server administration
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes
- Directs the monitoring; administrating; and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization; developing/changing database indices; redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database. - Coordinates database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s.
- Directs the installation of database management systems; databases; tables and views.
- Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools; strategies and technologies.