Cyber Security Officer Level 2 - Pyongtaek Korea - Active TS/SCI required
5 days left
- Full Time
Cyber Security Officer Level 2 - Active TS/SCI requiredPyongtaek Korea The employee will support the ACES contract in the following manner: Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization; coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential; successful; and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure; applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks; systems; and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies; through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts; application access; file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Perform a variety of Information Assurance (IA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) functions which are broad in nature and support multi-tier IA and CND functions to include; but not limited to; systems engineer; audit/inspection; infrastructure support; certification and accreditation; vulnerability management; detection and response support services
- Provide support for a program; organization; system; or enclave?s information assurance program
- Provide security certification test and evaluation of assets; vulnerability management and response; security assessments; and customer support
- Provide support for proposing; coordinating; implementing; and enforcing information systems security policies; standards; and methodologies
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies; standards; and procedures are established and followed
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation - Provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software; hardware; and firmware
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Prepare and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs); Risk Assessment Reports; Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages; and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs)
- Execute policies and guidance provided by senior functional/technical leads