CISCO Network Engineer - Fort Bragg, North Carolina - Active TS/SCI is required
7 days left
- Full Time
Cisco Network EngineerActive TS/SCI is requiredFort Bragg, North Carolina Register NOW for Open House at Ft Bragg on 3/21/17 The employee will support the ACES contract in the following manner: Responsible for the design and development of voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provide designs and integrate new technologies into communications and network infrastructures while transitioning and migrating networks and developing network addressing schemes.
- Perform administration duties for local and wide area networks; including routers; switches; hubs; gateways; access points; network interface cards; networking cables; network bridges; modems; adapters; firewalls and other related network hardware. Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems; including the transition and migration of corporate systems. Isolate and resolve complex hardware and software problems involving applications; operating systems; hardware; communications infrastructure; or any combination thereof.
- Plan; coordinate and manage engineering projects and act as lead in defining and executing systems engineering activities within a project.
- Provide comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance and support operations as needed.
- Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities and mitigate risks; control costs and scheduling variance to manage large scale; integrated projects.]
- Responsible for installation/de-installation and maintenance of telecommunications equipment and supporting infrastructure for and within the spaces and satellite components supported by the network structure.
- This includes fiber optic data communications transport equipment; fiber optic cable plants supporting the various networks and all associated hubs; patch panels and connector types involved in the support of the network structure.
- Identify and recommend mission hardware and mission support solutions based on research and analysis of new technologies. Report to management on progress of installations of hardware upgrades or changes.
- Recommend improvements to communications infrastructure.
- Update system hardware to ensure system currency (as defined by OEMs and industry best practices; and Federal/DoD mandates)