Learning & Organizational Effectiveness Trainer
7 days left
- Full Time
Sentara Healthcare is currently seeking a full time Learning & Organizational Effectiveness Trainer to be based at our corporate office in Norfolk, VA.
The Leadership and Development Trainer will be responsible for the delivery of the leadership and development training for current and aspiring leaders at Sentara. This position will also be responsible for coordinating training for specific sites, mentoring employees as they participate in leadership and development activities, and participating in instructional design functions to develop new course materials as needed. The ideal candidate will be able to focus on learning and maintain knowledge regarding the training and development industry, training techniques. This candidate should have extensive experience in leveraging technology to deliver classes virtually (WebEx, Virtual Classrooms, etc.).
Essential Job Functions include:
Delivers Leadership and Development Courses to employees
- Utilizes approved training materials to deliver a variety of leadership and development topics which includes soft skill courses and collection orientated training sessions.
- Demonstrates a high degree of proficiency in the delivery of curriculum, facilitation skills, classroom management, and coaching and mentoring skills.
- Skilled in utilizing visual aids and equipment such as PowerPoints, Flip charts, Dry Erase Boards, LCD projector, etc.
- Experienced with all types of training modalities to include instructor-led as well as virtually based (WebEx, Virtual Classrooms, etc.).
-Takes the appropriate action when dealing with issues in the classroom that requires immediate attention, keeps the manager informed.
- Monitors and assesses classroom dynamics and makes the necessary adjustments as to the best approach to assist the class in the learning process. Has the ability to handle unusual learning situations.
- Works with the design team on developing instructional design principles.
Development and Design of Leadership Curriculum
- Consistently make enhancements to materials to improve operational performance.
- Participates in designing new modules for leadership and development courses and programs.
Handles all administrative matters, prior to, during, and immediately after course completion
- Ensures tracking and reporting tasks are executed for all leadership and development courses.
- Properly prepares prior to each class (i.e. set up LCD projector, have copies of exercises made, activity supplies are organized, etc.).
Designs and deploys a wide variety of methods to appropriately present training programs, to include Instructor-led training, self-based and Web based Training and blended learning solutions. Evaluates existing materials for effectiveness; update and re-develop as needed. Conducts training needs assessments and develops training solutions. Evaluates training solutions to ensure effectiveness and alignment with department and organizational goals. Coordinates the overall administrative process for training (schedules, classrooms, materials).
Bachelor's Level Degree
Required: Training Development - 2 years
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Required: Active Listening, Communication, Complex Problem Solving, Coordination, Critical Thinking, Instructing, Learning Strategies, Microsoft Office, Negotiation, Project Management, Speaking, Time Management, Writing
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section belowOther
Excellent platform training skills, communication skills and classroom management. Experience with virtual instruction methodologies to include Video Teleconferencing, WebEx, and Computer based training.
This position will require travel approximately 40% to all Sentara Locations to administer Leadership Development Training.