Vice President of Operations - SNVMC
Sentara Healthcare is currently recruiting for a Vice President of Operations for Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center (SNVMC), in Woodbridge, VA.
The divisional Vice President is an executive responsible for achieving the organization's short and long-term objectives and to provide leadership for viability of the hospital. They will direct assigned departments to assure quality patient care and service within the fiscal and philosophical guidelines of Sentara Healthcare. They will coordinate external and internal support for effective operations and aligned with corporate departments to achieve established goals and objectives. They will participate with key leaders of the community, management, medical staff, clinical staff and the entire SNVMC medical campus to successfully execute goals and objectives.
They will be responsible for the direction and coordination of the business and operational activities of departments assigned. Key skills needed include the ability to develop and foster effective collaboration between departments, other divisions, medical staff leadership, and other affiliated services (inside and outside of the hospitals) to ensure an integrated approach to providing services, and fulfilling the mission, market, medicine and members of the team goals and objectives. In addition to SNVMC responsibilities, may have responsibilities to drive growth, clinical quality and financial performance of a major product line of clinical service across the Sentara system. They will lead the product line program with strong physician-hospital alignment to improve the quality of care.
- Attention is to be given to patient satisfaction, systems improvement, program development, quality and safety, fiscal management, compliance and clinical measures, physician relationships, outreach strategies, work culture enhancement and internal communication and consensus-building. He/she will ensure that Sentara's resources are focused on optimally satisfying the health care needs of those we serve. Provide administrative direction to direct reports by applying specialized and technical knowledge in the implementation and execution of the planned programs while ensuring Sentara's mission and strategic direction is followed.
- Develops and monitors current and projected capital and operating budgets, initiating corrective action when substandard financial performance occurs.
- Individual will recommend improvement of hospital facilities, including construction and/or renovation of structures and purchase of new equipment as necessary. Effective leadership will be demonstrated in part by maintaining high employee satisfaction and low employee turnover rates.
- Communicate openly and effectively, internally and externally, with a wide variety of individuals to ensure that their needs are being met and that the reputation of the company is enhanced, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
Master's degree required. MBA and/or MHA strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive hospital or healthcare related operations experience in leadership/administration.
• 8 years of progressive hospital or healthcare related operations experience in leadership/administration is strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years at a recent or current Director level and experience managing large teams are both preferred.
Complex Problem Solving, Judgment and Decision Making, Management of Financial Resources, Management of Staff Resources, Service Orientation, Social Perceptiveness, Speaking, Writing
Required Competencies and Attributes:
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and executive skills
- Strength in human resources, communications, and interactions with employees, physicians, and peers
- Thinks strategically about the marketplace and internal capabilities
- Successfully aligns the right talent with meaningful roles
- Provides clarity in setting goals and priorities
- Demonstrates leader maturity, self-awareness, and builds a cohesive team through trust