POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Coordinator is based at Conservation International (CI)-HQ in Arlington and supports the fundraising efforts of the Major Gifts team. The Coordinator will provide a high level of support that includes occasionally serving as a liaison with development staff, donors and non-development CI staff. The Coordinator needs to be resourceful, to use discretion in his/her communications and to work independently. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position will ensure that all relevant information about donors & prospects within the relevant portfolios is entered and updated in the development database, Raiser's Edge NXT.
- The Coordinator generates regular reports (mailing lists, regional and portfolio giving history).
- This position will generate and review revenue and solicitation reports to ensure that they accurately capture donor activities– both past and future.
- Collaborate with programs and other fundraising units to create donor reports; draft correspondence to donors; help identify opportunities for specific donor stewardship and outreach around CI priority programs.
- Manage regular appeal and stewardship mailings to donors in portfolio and appropriate prospects. Draft thank-you notes and other correspondence. Create and manage timelines for donor contact and reporting.
- Support the events team with donor cultivation and stewardship events held in the regions, allowing the direct fundraisers to focus more directly on event fundraising goals and major donor & committee member relationships. The Development Coordinator will create invitation lists, work with vendors (if applicable), design and produce invitations (mail and email), track responses, provide logistical support onsite at the event, and execute post-event follow-up such as Raiser’s Edge entry, thank-you notes, etc.
- The Coordinator will handle paperwork for fundraisers’ financial expenditures, including reimbursements, credit card reconciliation, and travel expenses. This position will also schedule and coordinate travel for Development staff.
- Provide baseline research for new regional prospects and will allocate weekly time to researching local publications for leads and references to regional Major Gifts donors and prospects. Coordinator will work closely with Operations staff to identify new prospects within the CI donor pool.
- This is a headquarters-based position in Arlington, VA.
- Infrequent heavy lifting is expected (books, annual reports, etc.).
- Travel is expected once or twice per year
Successful candidates should have a minimum of three years experience working in the nonprofit sector, preferably in fundraising and development.
Command of Microsoft suite of programs.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-responsibility will be a must.
Raiser's Edge experience