Communications and Social Media Intern
Kidsave works to create change so older forgotten orphanage and foster kids grow up in families and connected to caring adults.
Kidsave seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing and communications while working for an established nonprofit organization.
• Collaborate with Program Managers to prepare written program updates and write blogposts for Weekend Miracles, Summer Miracles, Kidsave Russia and Kidsave Colombia.
• Prepare blogposts and written content as needed for Kidsave President and Project Coordinator.
• Conduct interviews of Kidsave kids and families, and produce a series of success stories, keeping in mind the visual appeal of the success stories by including photos and/or short videos.
• Arrange for and prepare Kidsave youth from Weekend Miracles and Summer Miracles programs to speak at advocacy and fundraising events.
• Draft social media copy for corresponding blogpost for Kidsave official Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Assist Weekend Miracles and Summer Miracles Program Managers in planning, writing, and submitting content for e-blasts and e-newsletters.
• Collect copy, images and other properties to submit to the Project Coordinator for kids' advocacy flyers and other program event flyers.
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing • Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Ability to work well independently, and within a team
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop).
• Background in social media and facility posting on social media sites
• Video editing experience (iMovie and other video editing programs)
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus.