- The position requires an experienced Systems/Network Administrator who will deliver formal classroom instruction on implementation, design, and administration of Systems, Servers, and Local / Wide Area Networks.
- The instructor will perform the normal instructor duties associated with formal instruction including, but not limited to, preparing, maintaining and securing the training environment.
- Serves as an instructor for the customer’s IT Academy and provides support as required conducting student evaluations and assessments. This includes written examinations, quizzes, practical evaluations, and other training as required.
- Provide input and develop customized official curriculum as directed to accurately train the customer’s network and systems administrators on proper configuration, operation, and maintenance of network and systems operations and procedures.
- Additionally, the instructor must have a working knowledge with the Department of Defense’s implementation of commercial internetwork technologies to support converged, multi-security enclave networks.
- Duties may include routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; and cable infrastructure installation and maintenance.
- Supervise and perform maintenance of networks and systems, troubleshoot LAN/WAN related problems and evaluate communications hardware and software.
- Comply with DoD 8570.01M IAT Level I and Level II.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience. Technical skills:
Experienced in Cisco communications software, hardware, networks, or integrated systemsExperience with MS Server 2008, and virtualized Data Center enviornmentsExperience with the design requirements of military secure and non-secure voice, video and data networksExperience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components or cable infrastructureMust be able to teach, troubleshoot, and support soldiers IAW unit SOPs with limited exposure to networking and systems on the following technologies:
- Routing and Switching (EIGRP, RIPv2, OSPF, Layer 3 Switching, VLANs, GRE tunneling)
- VoIP Technologies (Call Manager, H323, MGCP, MLPP, Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers)
- Encryption technologies (KG-175, KG-250’s)
- Multicast implementation (PIM-Sparse, Dense)
- Radio over IP (WAVE, TRICS)
- Network Management (SolarWinds, Cisco Works, NAC, Meeting Place)
- Packet Filtering (Access Control Lists)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (Active Directory, Exchange, PowerShell, WDS)
- Storage (NetApp)
- VMware (VSphere, ESXi)
Skills must include installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devicesMust have knowledge of security infrastructure, threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and threat mitigationPossess experience in communications software, hardware and networksExperience in protocol analysis and knowledge of OSI modelComputer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Teaching Performance skills:
- Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize documented student learning
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs
- Employ available instructional technology, i.e. the internet, interactive technology, when appropriate
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and escalate issues appropriately
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor, written, verbal and in-person
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain high quality work and manage multiple projects
- Ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a professional and courteous manner in difficult situations
- Familiarization with U.S. military educational training and techniques preferred
- Provide guidance pertaining to future course development and emerging technology trends to Field Grade Officers for future Academy direction
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.#ZRpost #CJPOST #DPOST #ARMA