Technology Support Specialist
Technology Support Specialist - Lauinger Computer Support
The Technology Support Specialist assists in supporting the IT infrastructure, staff, and end-users of the Library's technology and will work to develop Windows images for deployment using Microsoft Sysprep and test and deploy using Ghost and ImageX. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works to develop OS X images for deployment and test and deploy using JAMF Casper Suite.
- Provides technical support services for hardware and software installation, configuration and troubleshooting for IT systems. Installs, deploys, tests, and maintains IT equipment and software located in the Library.
- Assists with the routine maintenance of the Library's approximate 350 staff and public computers as well as peripherals and AV equipment.
- Provides other computing services as determined appropriate by the supervisor. Position requires ability to lift up to 40 pounds as well as the ability to bend, stoop, stretch and crawl.
- Works to maintain the Library's modern Audio/Visual systems. Knowledge of digital and analog video and audio formats as well as interconnects is necessary.
- Interacts with the IT ticket tracking system and document progress within it.
- A high school degree/GED and some experience with tech support
- At least 6 months of experience troubleshooting computers and peripherals
- At least 6 months of experience in diagnosing hardware and software problems and resolving computer and peripheral hardware and software problems
- At least 6 months years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting projectors, monitors, scanners, AV systems, and other digital equipment
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn while on the job, using Microsoft Active Directory, including Group Policy, and Microsoft SCCM and JAMF Casper Suite
- Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certification
- Proficient in configuring Windows 7 and Apple OS X
- Proficient in troubleshooting issues with computer hardware, software, and IT systems
- Knowledge of managing Windows clients in an Active Directory environment
- Ability to work under time constraints and to correctly prioritize competing demands
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.