Membership and Communications Intern
7 days left
- Full Time
The Global Federation of Competitiveness Councils (GFCC) is a network of 50+ organizations that have come together around a set of shared global competitiveness principles to enhance regional, national and global prosperity. Founded in 2010, the GFCC develops ideas, concepts and tools to understand and navigate the complex competitiveness landscape.
GFCC products and initiatives include two annual publications (Best Practices in Competitiveness Strategy and Global Competitiveness Principles), regional meetings, a competitiveness training program, a monthly newsletter and the Competitiveness Decoder—an online interactive tool used to compare national performance over 130+ metrics. The Global Innovation Summit is the GFCC's flagship event, convening international leaders for vibrant discussions on the current state of global competitiveness and ways to enhance innovation capacity worldwide. The 2017 Summit will be held in Malaysia in October/November. Previous Summits have been hosted in the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Korea and Canada.
The GFCC offers paid internships for undergraduates, graduate students and recent graduates interested in gaining practical experience in international relations and economic development while working in a start-up environment. The GFCC network has doubled in the last year and we rely on our talented cohort of interns to keep us growing. Membership and communications interns assist with membership recruitment, event management and developing our online presence.
- Working toward or has an undergraduate / graduate degree, preferably in international relations, business or public policy.
- Proficiency in using the Internet for research.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Available to work in our D.C. office a minimum of 24 hours per week.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have related professional experience;
- Have published non-academic writing, including news articles, public relations materials and digital media content;
- Are available to intern for more than 12 weeks;
- Are available to intern full-time;
- Have attained or are working towards a Master's degree in a related field of study.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kathryn Tinker at email@example.com.
Undergraduates with a freshman/sophomore standing and/or students who cannot commit to the 24 hours per week minimum are welcome to apply for an internship position with a per diem stipend of $20/day.