Senior Principal Solutions Architect, OTT Solutions
- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17125.Innovation & Service Architecture
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As part of the Innovation and Service Architecture team, the candidate's primary role will be to develop technical and service architectures of innovative new products and platforms that enable customers of Intelsat's media products to enjoy optimized and simplified workflows and enable them to efficiently address market opportunities in online content delivery. Such products and platforms will leverage virtual, software and cloud-based technologies, eco-system partners, and build on and enhance Intelsat's IP/MPLS network, satellite fleet and broadband and media platforms.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information System Management or relevant field (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the stated minimum education and experience requirements).
- Strong knowledge of Internet video streaming/distribution solutions in Programming, Cable, Telco, Cellular, IPTV, Satellite and Broadband TV network environments.
- At least ten (10) years' experience in internet technologies
- At least five (5) years' experience in Internet technologies and protocols (HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, web architectures, browser/client technologies, media streaming (Video/Audio) and content delivery networks).
- Working knowledge of live/linear streaming services and formats (HLS, HDS, HSS, DASH), Digital Advertising, Closed Captioning or Web Subtitling, current digital video compression standards (H.264 and H.265) and file types.
- Working knowledge of DRM implementations such as Apple Fairplay, Google Widewine, Microsoft PlayReady or Verimatrix. Knowledge of how to secure content and protect platforms against Internet Security threats.
- Hands on experience with broadcast automation, metadata, caching, storage, security and CMS, BMS, SMS.
- Experience with LINUX. Experience with SDN/NFV and cloud computing platforms (AWS, Openstack, Azure etc.).
- Hands on experience with database management and strong data analysis skills with the ability to communicate results succinctly.
The following additional knowledge, skills and abilities are considered a plus:
- Experience with data centers, mobile and/or satellite networks.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to evaluate technology options to formulate new and innovative OTT product designs that leverage Intelsat's network assets and meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Develop end-to-end solutions and system architectures that include clear specifications of all design parameters, clear concepts of operations, detailed cost evaluation and other requirements to input into a full business case. Develop software and virtualization technology design and strategy for new services.
- Interact with cross functional teams and eco-system partners to ensure successful execution of new product initiatives in accordance with Intelsat's product development process.
- Recommend vendor and open source solutions related to Software Defined Networks (SDNs) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV). Define use cases and document business advantages and justifications.
- Lead design and implementation of Proof of Concept (POC) testing to qualify and validate technologies, architectures solutions and features.
- Validate new service designs and architectures to assure compliance with Intelsat's IP-based services networks design philosophies to include standardization, redundancy, availability, scalability, security and manageability.
- Engage with vendors and eco-system partners to articulate architecture, designs and goals of the various projects to enable the development of product solutions leveraging state-of-art and best-of-breed technologies and processes.
- Collaborate with and support the Product Management team to develop solutions that meet and exceed business expectations.
- Develop write-ups and presentations to articulate designs, report on activity results and support business cases, and participate in presenting and in securing management buy-in of the designed solutions.
- Coordinate the designed solutions with Network Engineering, IT and Operations teams, help in identifying resource/skills gaps, and support these teams in the implementation of the designed solutions.
- Participate in industry event and forums to meet with eco-system partners, monitor technology trends, and contribute to the development of new standards and protocols.
- Foster environment of ideation and innovation to cultivate new solution concepts.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.