Financial Administrator, BGRO Finance and Administration Clinical Departments and Center - Georgeto
Financial Administrator, BGRO Finance and Administration Clinical Departments and Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
The Financial Administrator provides administrative and finance support to BGRO Clinical Departments and Centers at Georgetown University Medical Center. S/he is responsible for the financial management of the center and day to day operations of various clinical department and centers, as well as the clinical trials/grants operated through the various departments. The Budget Analyst has oversight of all financial management of extramural awards and serves as administrative liaison with federal, state, and corporate granting agencies. S/he prepares reports, manages and implements special projects, and represents the BGRO on medical center planning and operations meetings. The Financial Administrator manages all administrative aspects of recruitment of departmental faculty, research assistants, and student help as assigned, and ensures that day-to-day operations are conducted efficiently and in accordance with university and medical center policy and procedures. Reporting directly to the Assistant Director of Finance and Administration, BGRO Clinical Departments & Centers, the Financial Administrator has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Oversees and provides daily management of extramural financial support - for example, a) ensuring expenditures are within budget limitations b) ensuring funds are expended according to award specifications c) projecting future salary and purchasing expenditures d) ensuring financial status reports are accurate e) ensuring invoices for subcontracts are accurate before approving for payment, f) providing Chairmen and hospital department administrators, as well as department faculty with current grant information g) prepare annual budget reports, h) ensuring all cost centers are in good standing order, i) working closely with investigators from within the departments, updating them on their individual awards, and j) monitoring payments from sponsors and communicate with investigators from with the departments on budgets.
- Works with GU/GUH employed divisional administrative staff and faculty regarding operational funds regarding a) forecasting budgets, b) ensuring expenses are appropriately spent on the correct cost center, c) reviewing and signing off on divisional staff paperwork when required, d) preparing reports and providing expenditure updates to the Director and Department Chairs.
- Prepares documentation when needed for both sponsored and non-sponsored funds - for example, expense vouchers, payroll and non-payroll journal vouchers and cost transfers, budget revisions, and cost center maintenance forms; and handles the monthly reconciliation of assigned accounts.
- Manages the operating funds - to include a) ensuring expenditures are within budget limitations; b) projecting future salary and purchasing expenditures; c) ensuring financial status reports are accurate; d) ensuring invoices are accurate before approving for payment; e) ordering equipment and supplies; and f) supporting revenue collection and internal transfers.
- Prepares documentation when needed - for example, expense vouchers, payroll and non-payroll journal vouchers and cost transfers, budget revisions, cost center maintenance forms, PO's, check requests, vendor contracts, travel authorizations, employee reimbursements, honoraria payments, PSAs, ASAs, invoices for services, maintenance agreements, and computer authorization request forms.
- Supports reconciliation of all University-related cost centers as directed.
- Manages capital equipment tracking, space utilization, equipment purchase processes, mobile device inventory, and any other inventory tracking initiatives requested by Medical Center Finance.
- Bachelor's degree in financial accounting
- 3 years of experience in business administration experience with an excellent knowledge of a university environment, office practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of the financial management systems and practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Effective management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively and work well with members of an academic medical center community and University officials
- Strong service orientation and commitment to teamwork.
- Proficient computer skills
- Familiarity with common office productivity, financial software and email
- Ability to create and use spreadsheets, databases, and enterprise web based financial, personnel, and calendar systems
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.