Tier 1 Customer Service Technician
- Provides phone support in compliance with established policies and procedures in order to attain contractual Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics.
- Diagnoses internal and external inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of USPTO desktop and universal laptop computers and USPTO customized applications/systems.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support to USPTO internal and external users/customers.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate root cause analyses; and recommend solutions using Remedy 7.6 IT Service Management Suite.
- Provides troubleshooting and support for over 200 customized applications supporting over 10;000 users.
- Assists in the administration of remote user workstations and resolution of remote connectivity issues; as needed.
- Provides help-desk and email support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Windows 7 desktop environment; networking; access technologies; and applications supporting USPTO users.
- Installs; configures; and upgrades computer hardware and software; as needed.
- Participates in special projects; as needed.
- 1-3 YEARS of directly related experience supporting HELP DESK operations; preferably supporting a large-scale government customer. Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware; networks; account administration; and office automation software via telephone; as appropriate.
- Must possess basic skills to support configuration and troubleshooting of MS Windows 7.
Candidate must successfully pass a background investigation; including a check of any criminal activity over the past 10 years; and a credit check of any financial issues over the past seven years to continue employment.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.