Secondary Firearms Instructor
GENERAL SUMMARY: (Scope; Summary and Impact of Job) The Secondary Firearms Instructor (SFI) supports the Lead Firearms Instructor (LFI) during the Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) Requalification Training sessions. The SFI assists the LFI as directed in the preparation; completion; and post session clean-up requirements of all FFDO Semi-annual Firearms Requalification sessions. Ensures student safety during dry-fire and live-fire training venues. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The SFI provides one-on-one instruction to students during the pre-qualification (warm-up) course of fire; and any remedial training as designated by the LFI.
- The SFI must possess the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate law enforcement training concepts and issues to a diverse audience; and must possess the demonstrated ability to instruct in accordance with the principles of basic adult education; as well as platform and practical area instruction for law enforcement.
- The SFI must have the ability to interpret; apply; and adhere to established program policies; standard operating procedures (SOPs); and lesson plans.
- The SFI keeps all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2; Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy.
- Associates Degree; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience.
- The SFI must be a current or former certified law enforcement official or civilian employee having completed a military; state; county or municipally certified firearms training program.
- The SFI must also comply with all Federal; state; and/or local requirements.