6 days left
- Full Time
The Network Architect performs tier four network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Candidates pursuing the Network Architect position need an extensive background in networking technology. They must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and leadership abilities. Candidates must have a strong background in the design and maintenance of local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs), as well as an excellent working knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols (e.g., Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Multiprotocol Labeling Switching (MPLS). Typical Duties Include
- Conducting system education and training seminars for end users, designers, Contractors, and others, as requested
- Continuous training on assigned systems as these items receive updates and enhancements
Assisting end users with the specification of new requirements and capabilities
Assisting end users and Contractors with jobsite failure analysis and hands-on work assignments when required.
- Provides expert level analysis of voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline. 2. Advanced degree preferred.