Laboratory Technician IV-Therapeutics/Bacteriology
- The contractor shall provide laboratory support with laboratory experiments in BSL-2 and BSL-3 laboratories and thus must hold and maintain BPRP status; IAW the provisions in this contract and applicable regulations. The contractor shall aid in the execution of scientific studies and plaque assays; PCR and other assays; animal procedures; collection/data analyzing; and maintain laboratory and laboratory equipment
- Specific Tasks:
- Responsible for BSL-3 laboratory operations and training in animal manipulations
- Assist in establishing new active material transfer agreements and cooperative research and development agreements with pharmaceutical companies/ universities. Perform in vitro Minimum Inhibition Concentration (MIC) tests of potential therapeutic compounds against Tier 1 bacteria to include Bacillis anthracis (anthrax); Yersinia pestis (plague); Fransicella tularensis (tularemia); Burkholderia mallei (glanders); and Burkholderia pseudomallei (meliodosis).
- Participate in BSL-2 PK mouse studies; to include preparation of antibiotics for administration; administering drugs and vaccines; orally and by intraparitoneal injections. Upon execution of the experiment; contractor will perform animal health exams to ensure study was in compliance with IACUC approved protocols.
- Participate in weekly lab meetings and assist in development and design with current and future in vitro and in vivo work.
- Assist with data collection and analysis for posters to be presented at scientific conferences which may require work to be performed outside normal business hours.
- Contractor shall serve as assistant suite supervisor; weekly
- Contractor shall assist Principal Investigator with Project Planning; quarterly
- Contractor shall participate in training new personnel on laboratory tasks; monthly.
- Contractor shall perform BSAT Inventory Management weekly
- Contractor shall conduct Equipment Inventory Management twice a year in BSL-2 and BSL-
- Contractor shall perform monthly Laboratory Management to include safety functions and chemical inventory.
- Bachelors Degree in a scientific discipline.
? Experience with a variety of the field's concepts; practices; and procedures is desired ? Must be eligible for enrollment in the Army Biological Personnel Reliability Program (BPRP)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. #CJPOST#DICE