- The contractors shall provide laboratory and scientific support within the Genomics Division (CGS) to cover CGS functional capabilities. The contractor shall conduct research investigations centered on Molecular Biology; Immunology; Genetics; and/or Biochemistry or similar field. They will perform laboratory experiments/protocols directed by CGS PIs and Supervisors. The contractor shall provide laboratory support with laboratory experiments in BSL-2/3 CDC registered laboratories and thus must hold and maintain BPRP status; IAW the provisions in this contract and applicable regulations.
- Specific Tasks:
- Design novel molecular protocols and technologies (typically 3-5 per year) to build CGS capabilities that are based on cloning; phage display; immunoassay development; polymerase chain amplification strategies; etc. to identify pathogenesis mechanisms of BSATs and study the host immune response. This task includes the development; performance; and oversight of laboratory experiments (300 assays) according to responsible research practices; good research conduct; and the scientific method; to support CGS.
- Prepare technical reports and manuscripts for publication; publicly present data upon request at an average of two conferences per year; and establish extramural collaborations and contracts to augment the research program he or she supports The Contractor must show understanding of the progress toward publication to include their efforts to obtain and format data and research methods; within a reasonable timeframe suitable for that research project and given support.
- Oversee the work technically of supporting personnel assigned to the research programs. Specifically to ensure SOPs; sample and analytical workflows are followed; tracked; and documented by supporting personnel. Data records are maintained in a current status within reasonable timeframe after sample and analytic processing. Lab Data Records and SOPs are updated upon change with a full description of the change and signature of the PI (CGS Deliverable 3). Lab SOPs are reviewed and signed semi-annually IAW CGS guidelines.
- Maintain laboratory records documenting sample processing; protocol design and usage; and data management that meet current CGS and Institutional requirements and ensure continuity and collective-sharing of resources. To communicate to the PI or assigned supervisor(s) experimental data; laboratory issues or other work-related issues. Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and workflows shall be reviewed and signed IAW CGS policy on a semi-annual basis or as determined by CGS before being implemented.
? Demonstrated their subject matter expertise in several areas; and their ability to conduct independent research through publication of several technical reports and/or peer-reviewed publications ? Experience managing a research laboratory and technicians ? Good written and oral communication skills ? Must be eligible for enrollment in the Army Biological Personnel Reliability Program (BPRP)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.