- The Contractor shall serve as a Principal Investigator and will identify the potential vectors of viral agents; and conducts bio surveillance; investigate outbreaks of disease; and conducts field and laboratories studies to determine risk factors associated arthropod-borne diseases. The Principal Investigator is considered a Key Personnel; working in BSL-3 and BSL-4 Laboratories and thus must hold and maintain BPRP status; IAW the provisions in this contract and applicable regulations.
- As a Principal Investigator; seek funding from DTRA and other funding agencies on behalf of the Government and USAMRIID to further the research portfolio of the Division and USAMRIID.
- Establish and coordinates extramural collaborations and contracts; to augment the research program he or she directs. Amounts of funding per year will vary depending on current mission requirements and USAMRIID's available funding
- As a Principal Investigator; coordinating with DTRA on CBEP requirements as needed in the global mission. Principal Investigator will coordinate and maintain arthropod colonies as needed to support upcoming research studies
- As a Principal Investigator; they should prepare technical reports and manuscripts for publication each year. They should present work at Scientific Meetings each year; which may require CONUS and OCONUS travel.
- SSBI required if work will be conducted in biocontainment laboratories
- Demonstrated their subject matter expertise in a number of areas; and their ability to conduct team-based research through publication of several technical reports and/or peer-reviewed publications
- Experience managing a research laboratory including technicians and other junior scientists is desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be eligible for enrollment in the Army Biological Personnel Reliability Program (BPRP)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. #CJPOST#DICE