- Provides professional services to include performing clinical and research protocols; performing clinical trials in accordance with FDA's investigational new drug and other regulations; and appropriately documenting research data to support studies
- Acquires; analyzes and evaluates clinical data gathered during research and assures accurate and complete documentation of patient care and protocol execution
- Provides support to FDA-regulated studies as Principal or Associate Investigator; and assuring the safety and privacy of human subjects
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks
- May provide training and guidance to others; in coordination with division supervisors
- Requires a Degree in Medicine (MD) from an accredited medical school.
- 5-8 years of related experience.
- Must have successfully completed a residency program in Internal Medicine.
- Must have taken and passed the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination and/or the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination and meet any additional federal; state; and local requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Department of Defense; national; and international laws; regulations; and guidance; and application of these to research studies as appropriate is desired
- Experience with clinical care or clinical research and as an Associate or Principal Investigator for GCP clinical studies is desired
- Experience with duties and responsibilities of a Principal Investigator of GCP clinical studies is desired