Tier II System Admin, RA
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems. Areas of support include Windows based system, UNIX variants, Networks, and data base products.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results. Ensures that software updates, patches and configurations are maintained to current standards, assists with account creations and permission granting as well monitoring and tweaking system parameters to maximize system performance. Provides advice and training to end-users. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned. These may include Windows based systems, and a variety of UNIX variants.
- Participates in special projects as required.