POSITION SUMMARYWe are seeking a Software Engineer to support the development, maintenance, and delivery of Machinery Control System (MCS) software for DDG-51 Arleigh Burke Class Destroyers. The selected candidate will be interfacing with U.S. Navy civilian software and systems engineers, support contractors, U.S. Navy ships force, OEMs, and engineering management. The selected candidate will contribute to all aspects of the software life cycle including but not limited to requirements definition, software development, documentation, testing, deployment, support, and maintenance. EXAMPLES OF PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of the DDG-51 Machinery Control SystemDesign, develop, test, install, and maintain Machinery Control Systems software and supporting software productsWork with Microsoft Visual Studio and version control (Git)Identify and document software and system related problemsResolve software problems through debugging, research, and investigationProvide distance and onsite support of software problemsPrepare and maintain new and/or existing software requirementsWrite, review, and maintain technical documentation such as user manuals, product specifications, and training materialsParticipate in special projects as required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or universityTwo (2) or more years of professional experience in software development in engineering and/or control system using C++
- Two (2) or more years of professional experience in software development using the Microsoft .NET Framework
- One (1) year of professional experience using Microsoft Visual Studio to develop, compile, and debug source code in C++/CLI, Managed C++, and/or C#
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and installing software and supporting software productsExperience writing, reviewing, and maintaining technical documentation such as but not limited to new or existing software requirements, user manuals, product specifications, and training materialsBasic knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP and UDPExperience supporting and troubleshooting networked, IP-based systems both onsite and via distance support
- Experience with databases (MS Access, SQL)
- Successful applicants must either have an active government security clearance or the ability to receive approval upon position acceptanceMust have a valid US passport or the ability to obtain one upon position acceptanceWORKING CONDITIONS:The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Candidate must be available to travel at times up to 5-10%.Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.The work is typically performed at client site locations in an office environment or Control System Test Labs. Additional work may be performed onboard US Navy Ships (pier side and at sea), which requires proper safety precautions and ability to go up and down shipboard stairways (ladders); work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.