Research Associate (WRAIR)
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), in support of its biomedical research mission, has a requirement to support the Center for Military Psychiatry and Neurosciences (CMPNS) mission to conduct basic and applied research to develop evidence-based strategies to diagnose, prevent, and mitigate the effects of psychological demands, continuous operations, and brain trauma on the health and well-being of Service Members. The position outlined below is in support of the Brain Trauma Neuroprotection and Neurorestoration Branch.Responsibilities:
- Performs research activities and other tasks as necessary in a laboratory environment.
- Records observations and measurements and reports results.
- Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining cleanrooms and equipment.
- Assists with receipt and inspection of raw materials, and ordering and stocking of materials and equipment.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Ability to operate research equipment requiring manual dexterity.
- Ability to handle research animals, wear appropriate personal protective equipment, and work in a Biosafety Level (BSL) 1 laboratory.
- Ability to utilize office automation equipment, including computers, photocopiers, telephones, and telefax machines.