Mental Health Researcher (WRAIR)
6 days left
- Full Time
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), in support of its biomedical research mission, has a requirement to support the Center for Military Psychiatry and Neurosciences (CMPNS) mission to conduct basic and applied research to develop evidence-based strategies to diagnose, prevent, and mitigate the effects of psychological demands, continuous operations, and brain trauma on the health and well-being of Service Members. The position outlined below is in support of the Military Psychiatric Branch and the Research Transition Office.Responsibilities:
- Participates in research and development activities to investigate the extent to which differences in chronic and/or acute sleep debt account for individual differences in TBI-related neurocognitive/ vestibular/ physiological/ psychomotor deficits and help establish the potential utility of the objective assessment of sleep (with actigraphy and/or polysomnography) in a patient population.
- Assist in recruiting, screening, consent, and scheduling.
- Utilizes established mathematical and scientific techniques to compile and analyze data.
- Writes technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.